Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Failed IVF... again

it didn't work :-( of my 8 mature follicles, only 3 had eggs. They all fertilized but weren't great quality... They put all the eggs in one basket literally and nothing took. :-( The weird part is I was scheduled for my pregnancy test this monday and started bleeding the friday before. Guess they really didn't want to be there. :-(

At least I didn't hyperstimulate this time.
Anyway, dh and I decided to take a break for at least a few months. Emotionally I'm not doing too well, and physically I really need to start getting rid of some of this fertility treatment belly that I developed... It's ironic, fertility treatment gives me the pregnant stomach but not the pregnancy -- so unfair!

3 comments:

Shana said...

I'm so so sorry :( For all of it, for the belly, the bleeding, and the loss. I am grateful you didn't hyperstimulate, so I guess that's some silver lining. But feels rather tarnished right about now i'm sure.
We're here if there's anything we can do.
love,
~S

JewishMama said...

I'm really sorry that the cycle didn't work.You were so brave to go through it again. As Shana said, at least you didn't have OHSS this time, but still I can't imagine how you and dh are feeling right now.

Lisa said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I wanted to say how sorry I am that your IVF didn't work. I'm about to embark on my 7th IVF, so, believe me, I know the pain all too well.

Many prayers for you and your husband.