Monday, June 23, 2008

Continuing treatment?

Well, it's about a month since our miscarriage. Today DH made an appointment with our dr to see what the next step is for us. We're going in on Wednesday. I'm assuming he'll want to do IVF since that probably has less risk of another ectopic. I did IVF once (about a year ago) and swore never to do it again. It was an eight month process since I hyperstimulated so badly we had to wait forever to actually put in the embryos. Guess I may need to break my promise as I'm doubtful there are any other options left for us. Yay - -we get to spend more money and I get lots more crazy shots and I get to hyperstimulate so badly that I can't move -- all for the little tiny chance that maybe this time it will work, even though every other thing we try doesn't work at all. How do we go on day by day always hoping? Sometimes I wish we could just run out of hope for good so that I can stop with all the stupid meds and dr appointments. But then the next second comes, and I wish I had more hope so that I could be happier. Maybe IF just makes people crazy. Or maybe I was always crazy...

4 comments:

JewishMama said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog-I'm actually starting to feel a bit better :). This is our 2nd IVF, and I can understand why you really don't want to go through with another cycle. Shots, endless u/s and bloodtests, feeling crazy from all the hormones. But for us, with MFI, it's really the only choice. As for the OHSS, I have only experinced in during this cycle, and not the last. So maybe it won't happen to you if you cycle again?

Trying said...

Yes, IF definitely does make people crazy :)
I'm sure it all seems terrible now, but one day, when we're holding our child/children, I'm sure it will all seem worth it.

Shana said...

hoping today went okay. (((hugs)))

Supermom said...

i'm sorry for your loss and that you have to go thru it all again.i'm no fan of ivf. i feel for you.